Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Yahoo Monday!!

Yippeee!!!!! It's Monday. Normally I don't care for Mondays, but today my older kids went back to school. I am so glad! We had a great summer, full of vacations, play dates, eating out, gardening, field trips and more, but there's a certain order being in school brings back. They all went, no tears, big smiles and were ready to go by 7:40 a.m. School doesn't start until 8:25 a.m. They must be mine.

Seven hours of two-to-one defense, instead of five-to-one. My odds have greatly improved. We love their teachers and have great hope another successful school year has begun.

Now, they'll need to have a snack when they get home, so I've created a snack basket, filled with relatively nutritious snacks for after school, along with tags (created with my Cricut) of snack ideas in the fridge--cheese sticks, fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc. Should be a hit when they get home.

The dinner ideas still need to be planned, but Fall is in the air, so bring out the crock pot-much to my husband's dismay. He thinks they don't taste flavorful, like my regular cooking. So I guess there's more to learn this year. Here's Meal Ideas for this week. Enjoy!

Picnic in the park- just because summer is over, doesn't mean we can't have fun.

Haystacks

Stroganoff

Burgers and Oven Fries

Chicken Strips

No comments:

Post a Comment