Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Must Confess...

I am spoiled! Yesterday was the official anniversary of the day I was born. It was the BEST birthday I've had in a long time.

Andy had to work, which was fine. I mean seriously, I've had a few birthdays so taking off a day to hang out wasn't necessary. I was so looking forward to 5 p.m. when he'd be home and then....

the doorbell rang at 3 p.m. and I open the door and there, right at eye level are FOUR DOZEN LONG STEMMED ROSES. And a really cute delivery guy. I've said before how we don't celebrate anything on it's actual date, we celebrate before the date cuz no one can keep a secret, so the fact Andy kept a surprise and brought me flowers was awesome.
Told you they were awesome!

The great day was also filled with a gift wrapped, cold Diet Coke from my twins, a couple of sweet cards and gifts from two of my best girlfriends (you know who you are, thanks girls you made my day!) and then a surprise dinner out, without kids, at Carino's where I got the trifecta of perfection--Italian Nachos, Spicy Shrimp and Chicken and Tiramisu. Thanks to our best babysitters for watching the posse of tiny people.

As if all those surprises weren't enough, I got a cute new pair of shoes, some awesome cupcake supplies and a Cricut Expressions Bundle. Way too cool!

It's been forever since I let anyone spoil me. I admit, I'd rather pay off bills than buy anything for myself. I was overindulged and to all of you who made yesterday so special, THANK YOU! Maybe getting older isn't so bad. Maybe next year I'll cop to having turned 30-something...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment