Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thoughts for Tuesday

With the 10th Anniversary of my 25th birthday on the horizon I have had some time to think about what I've learned and accomplished over all that time. We each write our history, past, present and future. Who we are and who we will become is determined by our actions, or lack of, and sometimes we aren't even in tune enough to realize it.

I've made a lot of mistakes, but we all do. It's how we learn. I've also had a great number of accomplishements because I've learned lessons from those mistakes. I am so happy to have made it this far, and hope my accomplishements will outshine all my mistakes, at some point.

Here's a few words of wisdom that got me thinking and have inspired me to be better.

"You don't know where you're going, unless you know where you've been." -Jane Fonda (ok, I am sure she's not the only person to say this, but she's who I heard it from.)

"Each relationship prepares you for the next. No relationship is a waste of time. We learn a lot by loving someone else, even if for a short time." -Michelle Salisbury McCullough

There are 5 things in life you cannot recover: A stone...after it's thrown. A word...after it is said. An occasion...after it's missed. The time...after it's gone. A person...after they die. Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably And never regret anything that made you smile, Enjoy Life!!--Andy's friend, Nikki Martin

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment