Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thoughts for Tuesday

My Mom gave me a copy of an email she'd received and I loved it. I thought I'd pass on some advice for "A Great Recipe."

* When you wake in the morning complete this statement: "I am thankful for ______."
* Try to make 3 people smile each day.
* NO one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
* What other people think of you is none of your business.
* Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
* Forgive everyone for everything.
* Frame every so-called disaster in these words: "In five years will this matter?"

I think in our world it's really easy to lose track of who you are and who you are not. I want my family to have a good sense of self before they reach the teen years so they can stay consistent.

There are many others, but I think this is a good start in trying to see my glass half-full all the time. I find that sometimes in the craziness of life I lose perspective. I want my kids to be well balanced, kind, good people. I don't really care what they do when they grow up, but I sure as heck care about who they are when they grow up. I want them to know their core values before they reach the teen years. It took me a few years to really know who I am, and who I am not.

Lastly, "Eat breakfast like a King; each lunch like a prince; eat dinner like a poor college student with a maxed out credit card."

Good Food for Thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment