Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Money Saving Miércoles (Wednesday for you gringos)

I had to resort to 9th grade Spanish class to get my alliteration to work today. I am such a word nerd!

Anyway, here it is, the end of the school year. Yeah. I am excited to have my kids around for at least a few weeks. We have some fun stuff planned.

Yesterday I scored big at www.citydeals.com. We are going to Cherry Hill this year and I got 5 Ultimate Fun Passes for $20 each, free shipping. These are normally $41 each. They include an all day splash pass, token to the batting cages, locker rental, mini golf, rock climbing wall and hot dog and drink. I saved $200 and spent $73. Not only did I have a 30% discount code with free shipping, I had a credit to apply from a previous deal. Check them out for money saving gift certificates for summer fun, food and more--and please use my email that I referred you (larsenkatie@comcast.net).

So since I had money to burn (not really, but the justification works) I headed over to www.oldnavy.com where they are having a 25% off everything sale with the code ONSAVE25 and scored the older ones new suits and rashgaurds for $4-$6 each. Hopefully it will be a nice surprise for them and a way to bribe them to be really good on the long car trip down south later this month.

The kids brought home a slew of coupons from the Ken Garff reading program. We'll be dining on the cheap for the next several weeks thanks to this great program. My kids are readers and actually love the library--they've been going weekly since they were 18 mos. old. This is a fun reward--even though you aren't supposed to reward kids with food, at least according to some "doctors." However, I choose to think of these kinds of outings as "family bonding time" where Mom "isn't stressed out" and the kids can play and socialize with other kids. Or something like that?! Who cares, it's free and fun. What more do you want? If you didn't get these from school head to www.kidsmealdeals.com to search for deals in your area.

Let the pools open, splash pads release their water and bring on the sunshine! It's time to make some summer memories. Who's with me??

No comments:

Post a Comment