Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Lucky Number 13

Thirteen years ago today I married the most incredible, amazing, thoughtful, kind, funny, adorable boy in the world. It was a whirlwind romance, a quick engagement and then we were off to our own little piece of heaven....all 1000 square feet of it.

If someone told me in high school this was the guy I'd be spending my life with, I would have cackled and walked away. Yet, 13 years later I can't imagine my life any other way.

Don't get me wrong, marriage is work. Once the wedding is over, you've returned the crappy gifts, and you find a new sense of being part of a union, it's not smooth sailing. Merging two lifestyles is complicated. There are feelings involved and discussions and it's not always comfortable. And sex can't solve all of it. Sometimes fighting is healthy, and things need to be said. Just be as kind as you can when you say those things, or so my therapist used to say.

The day we got married my brother told us to, "live long and prosper." I think we've done enough for prosperity's sake, so here's to the living long part and a lucky year 13.

~Happy Anniversary Babe. You are the best!~

No comments:

Post a Comment