Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Great Birthday Ideas

If you know me at all, you know that "things" don't matter to me. I have parameters. I don't like to live in a run down place, I like things in good shape, but I don't have to have the latest and greatest of anything the day, week or month it comes out--unless there's a really good sale. I think life is made of memories, not of things. Do you honestly remember every birthday or Christmas gift you've received? Sure, maybe there are a few. Maybe you still have the Jem doll or remote control race car from your childhood, but I bet your memories are better.

Every year I try to give the kids opportunites/classes or some kind of gift where I/we can spend time together. You're familiar with the Christmas Gift Certificates. This year the girls are getting lessons (can't be more specific, they are standing over my shoulder).

My buddy Wendy Paul did an awesome thing and gave her Dad a subscription to her "Cookie of the Month Club." She is a published baker, but you can do the same. She is baking 12 different recipes, that are some of his faves, and taking him cookies once a month. So thoughtful. She gets to spend time with him and is thinking of what he likes. It's a gift that celebrates him all year long. Way to go Wendy!

My other friend JaNece is turning 35. She's brave enough to admit it. I am not. She is doing 35 random acts of service to celebrate her own birthday! I mean really, this girl is incredible. If I told you how we are "related" your head would spin, but I am so glad to know her. She is one of the few who inspire me, truly. Read her ideas at http://www.givegladly.blogspot.com/. You will also be inspired by this Rockstar!

Happy Celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment