Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Guilt is a Funny Thing

My husband, who rarely reads this blog, read it yesterday. Remember yesterday, me airing my frustrations....some about him...indirectly...oh, well maybe now he'll read it more often. He came home saying how guilty he felt that I was so stressed.

It's not entirely his fault. And I'm not just saying that because he may possibly read this someday. Life is what it is. Life can be fun. And sometimes little things relieve big pressure.

Things have lightened some since yesterday. Amazing what 24 hours can do. I have realized that my focus needs to be on enjoying the journey. Even though the journey may seem difficult, more times than not I end up learning something valuable.

I learned last night that walking away from a situation keeps you from saying and doing things you didn't want to say or do; taking a deep breath can refocus your thoughts; and most importantly, guilt can be a motivator. If it isn't how you want it, fix it. The only person that can control your life is you.

Sounds pretty simple now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment