Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby!

Our caboose turns 1 today. The last year has gone by so fast! I can't believe we made it through. Lexi is a sweet girl and our family wouldn't be the same without her. To celebrate we are having a special dinner and Butterfly cupcakes. Pictures to come...

I baked the cupcakes in heart shaped baking molds and then used them as wings and Swiss cake rolls as the butterfly bodies. I used candy for the antennae. I also decorated a cake board so the butterflies had a sky and grass to play in.

I love to fill cupcakes with different things. Here are a few of my favorite combos:

Triple chocolate cake with peppermint flavoring, frosted with chocolate mint frosting and decorated with crushed peppermint

Red velvet cupcakes frosted with cherry-vanilla cream frosting

Lemon cupcakes with 2 Tbsp. lemon zest added to batter before baking, then poked with a fork when fully cooked and frosted with a lemon juice/powdered sugar glaze

Yellow cake cupcakes. When cooled use a frosting bag and tip to fill each cupcake with chocolate pudding. Then frost with chocolate frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment