Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Favorite Student

I love teaching people the art of saving money. I never know if anyone is listening. However, my constant chatting about saving money is heard by the people I live with. The kids often ask if I got something on sale or how much they would need to earn to buy something with a coupon. This week was a huge success, as my favorite student passed his couponing test (no there is no actual test, he's just paying attention). MY HUSBAND went to the store, without me, used peelies (coupons attached to products) for something we intended to buy!

We've all had the pukes. Every single one of us has been sick. I've never seen such a mess, and I've worked in some disgusting places. Anyway, pardon the drama, but it was awful! We ran out of Gatorade and Tide so he had to go to the store. He went to Wal-Mart and Gatorade was $1.58 per 32 oz. bottle. He tells me he "knew he could beat that price" so he went to our local store. It was on sale $1 for a 32 oz bottle and way at the back of the shelf there were bottles with peelies--buy 3 get 1 free. He took all those bottles instead of the ones in front and saved us $4 in coupons, plus got a better deal than if he'd just bought it at Wal-Mart. Awesome!

I guess some guys do really listen when their wives talk! Great job Honey, and No, I won't expect it all the time.:) Here's hoping we're done with the Bissell, buckets and blaaahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment