Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Really???

We've been watching a bit of "Reality TV" here. We love Amazing Race and I love "The Bachelor." Not because I love the "love stories," but because I love the fact I will don't have to date anyone but my spouse.

It's so funny how even though it's "reality," it's not real. We always try to guess what the girl is going to say to Ben (this year's bachelor) before she says it. Some of it sounds like it's right out of a storybook. There is a silver lining to all this, what some consider garbage, on TV. Think about all the lessons you can teach your kids.

Like--don't drink and ride horses, or don't accept the fantasy suite room key unless you want your parents to know what you are doing and ask you lots of embarrassing questions. How about, if you don't have anything nice to say, just fake smile. And my favorite, this is not how things work in real life, this is still television.

I believe there's a silver lining to any situation, good or bad. Sometimes it's just hard to see. Teaching our kids, and reminding ourselves, to look for the good even when it's hard to find, is vital lesson. Remember "If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

No comments:

Post a Comment