Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Crazy Ideas

It's been awhile since my last post. I've been getting things together for the upcoming week. Andy is going to Scout Camp and I get to be a single mom. I always threaten that I have issues with his calling and I'll divorce him, but this week is for sure my most dreaded because I get to live as a single mom and I hate it. Therefore, all my threats about leaving are all talk, since I couldn't and wouldn't want to be a parent by myself. Hats off to those of you who are single parents, or have spouses who are often gone. It's tough and though I know I'll make it through, I will be glad when it's over.

To take my mind off things we do have a lot of fun planned. Maybe we'll have so much fun, the kids won't notice his absence too much.  We have a bbq with fireworks and friends, some lunch dates, a trip to the Gale Center, a splash pad and a few other things. For me, you ask? I love the movie "The Adjustment Bureau." It's at Redbox now and if you haven't seen it, you should. It really gets your mind going and thinking about chance vs. choice and the idea of free will. So maybe a few good movies and books will keep me sane without a spouse.

The silver lining, if there is one, is that I don't have to make fancy meals this week, since the kids aren't too into fine dining. So we'll be eating out, thank you Ken Garff coupons, and having a few low key things, like Pigs in a Blanket, sandwiches and pizza. Therefore, don't look for a menu this week, cuz it's not coming.

We did have a fun cooking lesson this week. Check it out!

Wendy Paul's Nanaimo Brownies

Yep! They were that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment