Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Summer Reads

I am such a word nerd. I love writing a perfect sentence almost as much as I love reading one from one of my favorite authors. Here's a list of my favorite books that I have actually read and recommend to you. Take one to the beach, the mountains or on a long car ride this summer. Such a good way to escape on a rainy afternoon too...

Katie's Top Ten

"Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe" by Fannie Flagg. (I love all of Fannie's books. She is a straight shooter and the books will make you laugh and cry.)

"Misfortune Cookies" by Kevin Alan Milne- not your typical fairy tale love story--more like a reality love story.

"The Language of Flowers" by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

"Winters Garden" by Kristin Hannah (another great author).

"The Shape of Mercy" by Susan Meissner- Salem Witch trials from a new perspective.

"The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane" by Katherine Howe (another favorite author; probably my favorite book I've read in the last year)-another Salem/Early American novel.

"The House of Velvet and Glass" by Katherine Howe- the Titanic from a new perspective.

"The Chaperone" by Laura Moriarty- 1920's story of starlet Louise Brooks and the woman who chaperones the start of Brooks' acting in New York City. Two story lines at once that beautifully intertwine.

"The Icon Thief" by Alec Nevala-Lee- great story, characters and suspense thriller.

"NYPD Red" by James Patterson-all his books are good--there is a bit of colorful language.




No comments:

Post a Comment