Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2013

Snow Cone Fun

I know... there are thunderstorms across most of the country today, but I am harnessing my power to will SUMMER to come join us. I have this awesome friend named Shauna--she has a fundraiser every year called "The Underwear Fair." It's to raise funds to buy unmentionables for kids at a local hospital. So every year we head over to her house for some carnival games, cookies and Snow Cones. Each Mom brings a game and treats and the kids hang out and have a blast. Shauna makes Snow Cones. So I had to ask last year "how can you afford all that syrup?" She smiled and shared this little tidbit with me...and now I am passing it along. And I hope she doesn't get mad, but I had to share her smarts.

Snow Cone Syrup
2 c. white sugar
1 c. water
1 package (.13 oz) of Kool-Aid (or other flavored drink mix)
Directions 
Mix sugar and water together and bring to a boil; boil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in the drink mix. Allow to cool, and store in a container for pouring. Pour over shaved ice to flavor.
You can crush ice in your blender, with a hand mixer or just buy it pre-crushed if you don't have a fancy machine. You can also buy some inexpensive (under $30) hand crank machines at Wal-Mart, Target or Amazon.

This is such a fun idea! And hopefully if I can't have summer outside, we can enjoy a glimpse of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment