Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dual Use Products

I like to keep a file of handy things that have double uses. You've seen a ton here: Bleach, Vaseline, Socks, etc. Someday I may write a book, but for now, I blog. I love to share my ideas, and others ideas. It's very important, possibly even sacred, to give credit where credit is due. So if you borrow something from my blog, please link my site back to yours.

I am giving a big credit to Courtney. She shares her ideas on http://www.alighterjourney.com/. She is remarkable. Here's her idea on how to save money this week:

Home Made Cooking Spray
Cooking spray…another thing I can add to my list of things I don’t buy.  I found an easy, effective way to make it on my own!
You’ll need:
  • Spray Bottle
  • 1 cup of oil (whatever type you prefer)
  • 1 Tbsp. of water

Add oil and water to spray bottle…and there it is…cooking spray!

This version costs far less to make and works great.  I don’t know about you, but I love finding out how simple things like this are to make on my own!!

She also has a recipe for homemade laundry soap and softner. You can find that here.
An another recipe for homemade household cleaners is found here.

I haven't tried these, but they come highly recommended from others. If you get brave and try one, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment