Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

How Sweet It Is

Warning: This post is likely to be all over the place. I am not on anything, just trying to catch up on life.

We've had a sweet week. I sold my stuff on KSL and have a little $$ extra to blow toward something that will likely end up on KSL in a few years. I found my favorite shoes again, thanks to Andy. Ya'll know we are big dress up fans at our house and D. has been obsessed--like Imelda Marcos obsessed--with shoes. She decided to wear my shoes and then decided that Dad's were better. His shoes are a size 13, so when she couldn't fit into them she put her shoes on, then my shoes over hers and all of that into Dad's shoes. When I got ready to leave she panicked and ran, leaving my shoes hiding in Andy's. Luckily they were recovered safely, but not before I had to leave. I had to wear my not-so-fave shoes out last night, but survived.

That being said our next sweet moment is that Andy was finally given some relief at work. He is back in his favorite department and working under a wonderful boss. Hopefully his company has finally realized what an amazing genius they have working for them and the $#*! will stop here (ha, ha pun--he works at a waste water treatment plant where lots of $#*! ends up). Anyway I am extremely proud of him for sticking it out the last 6 years and putting up with stuff for way too long. He is so smart and such a good negotiator. I don't even thinks he realizes how good he is. I guess good things really do come for those that wait. Way to be patient honey! You deserve this

Now onto other sweet stuff.
I went to a Girls Night Out activity all about chocolate last night. It was a good time. We had fondue and made chocolate body scrub, lip gloss and play-dough. Annette Lyon wrote a book about about everything chocolate and the following is her recipe for chocolate lip gloss.

8 tsp. petroleum jelly
1/2 tsp. honey
20 chocolate chips (milk chocolate for light color; semi-sweet for dark)
1/2 tsp. shortening

Warm up the ingredients in 20 sec. intervals in the microwave, stirring in between rotations. When chips are fully melted, mix ingredients together again and then place in small airtight containers. **You can find these at most craft stores. We used small plastic paint jars to store ours.** When containers are filled, place them in the freezer for 15 min. until solid.
Yield: 4-5 jars, depending on size.

With Valentines Day right around the corner I think some fondue is a fun way to celebrate, with or without kids. You don't need anything special to make it either.

Annette's Classic Chocolate Fondue
1 12 oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. whipping cream
2 Tbsp. vanilla

Melt this together in the microwave until chips are smooth. Then pour sauce into warmed fondue pot or small crock pot to keep warm while you eat. You can also change the flavor by adding different ingredients like almond extract instead of vanilla, or mint flavoring. You can add marshmallows and candy bars. Use your imagination! We dipped graham crackers, cinnamon bears, strawberries, grapes, pineapple, pretzels, cheesecake bites, pound cake chunks, cream puffs and marshmallows. All were good--grapes not my fave IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment