Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Have You Ever???

We have a lot of interesting conversations in our house. Today has been no different. I had the morning news on while getting the kids off to school and the twins walked in during a report about Bernie Madoff. Have you ever tried to explain how a Ponzi scheme works to a 9 year old? Me either, until today. My advice, DON'T!

The day progressed with Danni asking me why cars aren't made from marshmallows. "Cuz mom, if you get in an accident you wouldn't get hurt. Then you could just eat the rest, go to the store and start over." Why hasn't Ford or Chrystler thought about this? I've also been asked why isn't Disneyland closer to our house and is it where Jesus lives, or close to where He lives.

Our next big discussion has been about the girls having their own e-mail accounts and when they can have their own computers. NEVER to both. Ok, ok, I know they have to have some rope to replace the umbilical cord that has been withering away for the past 10 years. They can barely spell; they are not ready to e-mail. I know it's a right of passage and we are giving it to them. As long as the understand their Dad is ALWAYS watching. They want to post things on this blog all the time. I guess they are ready for a little independence.

Have you ever been asked a question that you don't have an answer for? Some of my kids really have the gift of gab and they go on, and on, and on. I don't know why bad guys are bad....it's genetic or environmental or maybe they didn't have a loving mother who listened to their 9 million questions when they were little. I also don't know why the sky is blue, or why short days are on Fridays or why God made the duckbill platypus.

I used to think my going to college was a big waste of A LOT of time and cash. I realize now it wasn't necessarily to learn my craft and make big companies look good, even in the eye of adversity. I went so I could have a half decent answer for life's toughest questions like why cars aren't made from marshmallows? Not a waste of time or cash after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment