Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Mealtime Monday

We had a good friend pass away last week. She had the "Big C." I think it's a swear word. Her husband and Andy are scout enthusiasts. She was one of the most positive people I've ever met. She literally radiated joy and kindness. We are all better for having known her. Thanks for everything Miss Gae.

Now how to tactfully make the transition to feed your family this week is beyond me. My tact is locked up in the same security deposit box as my compassion, so just remember when you are making your meals this week to tell those who mean something to you that you love and appreciate them, and you are showing your love with delicious food.

This week's Menu

Baked Ziti * I have recently discovered Davinci pasta. It's divine and I love it more than most pastas. Look for the little blue bag and give it a try. Sauce nicely coats this divine dinner, you won't be sorry.

Toad in a Hole * When cold weather sets in, we crave comfort food. This is a relic from Andy's time in England. Basically it's a Yorkshire Pudding with a cooked piece of sausage inside.

1 c. flour
1 1/4 c. milk
3 eggs
pinch of salt
Mix the above together in a pitcher and let rest for 30 min.
Meanwhile, heat your oven to 425. Place a muffin tin on a cookie tray and place in oven for 5 min., once the oven is up to temperature. Once it's hot, add 1-2 tsp. of vegetable oil to the tray and warm it up for 5 more minutes. Open your windows so the smoke detectors don't explode.

Pour the batter into the hot, oiled tray cups. Bake for 10, reduce oven to 350 deg. and cook another 10-20 min. until desired crispiness is achieved. I do mine about 15 min.

Cook your desired sausage. Place section of cooked sausage inside puff and serve. I like the Jennie-O turkey link sausage or Chicken Sausage, but anything will do.

Tomato Basil Ravioli Soup soup and Grilled cheese * click the link for my recipe

Chicken Enchiladas * I love the recipe on the La Victoria can, but everyone has a recipe for this. I also make 2 pans and freeze one for later.

Shepherd's Pie * Click the link for my recipe. My kids love this, it's easy, and total comfort food.

Happy Eating. ~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment