Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Book Deals

Image result for free book clip art

I love reading...I love words....I love to escape from the day-to-day overwhelming life that I sometimes lead.

So a trip to the library is like a day a spa for me. Weird, I know.

I have a collection of my own favorites, and now that my children are beginning to read them I have found a few more that I need to add to my collection. But, books are expensive. I found this awesome website that you can score great books at a great price and I had to share! Half.com is part of ebay, and it's awesome for finding contemporary, classic, text, cook, and other books for a great deal--like .75 cents for "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. The shipping is pretty cheap $2-4 per order, but when you add it up, it one of the cheapest places to get books.

My other favorite place is library overstock sales. These huge sales happen every quarter where I live, but they always have something for sale. I pay about $1 for books on tape, $1 for dvds, .10 cents for books and .5 cents for magazines.

Here's a great article with more ideas on saving money on all kinds of books--if you've got college kids or kids that really love reading-- for sure check it out. In fact, everyone just check it out--an electronic reader is great, but will never replace the printed word in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment