Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Chile Verde 2015

Chile Verde is my "go to" dish in every restaurant we ever visit that offers it. Who serves the best? Well I love Salsa Leedos and the Rio Grande's versions, but I have to say, it's not that hard to make at home, and you can put it in your crockpot. Try this version of mine, named "Chile Verde 2015" because I've been trying to master it for years, and I think I'm pretty close this time. Let me know what you think!



2015 Chile Verde

3 lb. pork roast, boneless
2- 4 oz.  cans of diced green chilies (or Anaheim’s if you like it hot)
1 c. red salsa (habanero if you like hot)
1 28 oz. can Green Verde enchilada sauce
1 med. Onion diced
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
2 packages of pork gravy
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1-2 tsp. cumin
1-2 tsp. oregano
Cilantro and pepper to taste

Mix one packet of the gravy with the 1 c. of salsa; set other gravy packet aside.
Put all the ingredients in a lined or sprayed crockpot; cook on low for 8 hours. When it’s done cooking, take out and shred the meat. Mix the second packet of gravy into the remaining juices; add shredded meat and serve over rice or with tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment