Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Crafty Kids

The Winter Break is fast approaching...not fast enough if you ask my kids. We will have 2 weeks off to just hang out with our families. I am sure that after the first 3 days, we will all just be sittin' around looking at each other without a clue of what to do. I am sure that I will hear, "Mom, I'm bored" about 1,000 times. Hopefully Santa will remedy some of that. In the mean time I've got a plan....

I used an old canvas apron, some fabric paint with glitter, some jewels and eyes, and some creativity to create this new apron for D. She loves to help me cook, and now she looks super cute doing it. La La actually came up with this design- -with some help from some freezer paper and a Cricut. and suggested I add the words, "Kiss the Cook" to it. Great idea! 

The baby is obsessed with dogs, so Sydie made her this apron. Totally cute!

This is an easy project to do with kids. Cut your stencils out of freezer paper-either by machine or hand. Iron the waxy side onto the material. Use craft paint and decorations--make sure it's all permanent and won't wash off--and let your inner artist out! I let my designs dry 20 min. in between the 2 coats of paint I used. Once the design is dry, gently peel the freezer paper off, and there you have it! Easy, cheap, fun...and it may just save your sanity this holiday season!

Happy Crafting
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment