Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happy Fall

My life must be really out of control. When I started blogging I had time to vent my frustrations and celebrate my successes. Now I have time to....do other stuff.....like baking 8 batches of zucchini bread, bottling 10 jars of salsa, 27 jars of raspberry jam, 12 jars of stewed tomatoes, roasting 100 Anaheim peppers, bottling 12 jars of bean, another 12 jars of jalapenos, running the PTO, working on paper after political paper, hand writing 200 postcards for the Ben McAdams campaign, teaching a new organization craft at our church, and oh yeah, putting dinner on the table every night. Seriously, this was just the past week.

I found a great recipe I had to share, then I'm off to run some Christmas--yes, Christmas, errands.

Chicken and Veggies
6 chicken breasts
3 large potatoes or yams, sliced
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
 Favorite Italian Dressing

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with Pam and place chicken and veggies in dish. Cover with 1/2  bottle of your favorite Italian dressing. Bake 1 hr. at 350 deg.

This seems strange, but it was another hit that everyone ate. Around here we call that a success! You could also add other root veggies like carrots or turnips or other types of squash. The veggies come out roasted and flavorful, and the dressing makes a great gravy-ish topping.

Happy Harvesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment