Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Need a Distraction from the World?

Over Memorial Day weekend we tried to "unplug" from life. Getting back to basics is my focus for the summer. So I have a fun opportunity to share.

Why not focus on reading and your youngsters can earn a free book? Barnes and Noble has a fantastic reading program. You can find out more here. We've done this for a couple of years, and it gives me quality time to read to all my kids, and for them to practice reading out loud, fluency, expression and it can open their minds to new ideas.

Also check out World Book Web. http://www.worldbookonline.com/. You will need a user name, but if you live in my area, send me an email and I will get you one. If you aren't by me, you can email help@worldbook.com to find out how to get a password, or check with your local school to see if they are a member.

Also if you are close to the Salt Lake County libraries here's the link to their Summer Reading Program that starts June 2. Many other library systems sponsor reading programs so check with your local library to find out what they are offering this summer. SLCO Libraries are also offering story times, Science nights, Tarot Card readings, art displays and a writers workshop. They also have an adult book club and a Mother/Daughter or Mother/Son book club.

Happy Reading at the beach, in the mountains, at a park, on a car ride or in a plane. You can have an adventure this summer without even leaving the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment