Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm Back

Happy to report the fundraiser was a HUGE success. My auction made over $2,000--a record high. The overall event numbers are still being tallied, but with record ticket sales, I am sure we did well. Thanks to all of my friends and family members who donated, attended and helped our school. I am glad it's over for now anyway.

Back to reality now. We are down to the last 12 1/2 days of school. Seriously?!? Where did that go? I will be the first to say, BRING on SUMMER! Now if you've been reading this blog for even a short time, you know that I am organized. So, with 5 little ones to contend with here's my next project: Summer Fun.

Here's my top tips for a fun summer:
1. Keep a routine. It can be more laid back, but 3 square meals, a chore a day, a bit of education, a lot of fun, and Family time are key!
2. Keep on learning. There are a million websites to help kids keep all the stuff they've learned this year in their minds, so they don't completely go to mush during vacation. We will be visiting sites with times tables, long division and the library a lot.
3. Keep up good work. Last year we had a weekly service project. We did all but one week, and it made an impact. This year we are going for one big thing each month--a local food drive; collecting money for a great charity; or hygiene kits for Africa may be on our list of things to do. It's so important to pay it forward.

To keep boredom away I have Summer Fun Ideas from Studio 5 to keep us busy. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment