Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rolling the Eyes

Just pick it up. Whatever it is, the stinky sock, the unread magazine lying on the floor, the stack of dishes, the phone message from someone I'd rather not talk to. Seriously, this week has been unmotivating. Winter blues?? Maybe. Overwhelmed?? Definitely. The theme of my week has been just pick it up, I don't care if it's yours or not.

In the past two days I've been bombarded with "have to's" and "want to's" and "should have's" and I am exhausted.

Here's a top notch list as to why:
1 burned dinner
5 loads of laundry, two forgotten about and had to be redone
10 asks for donations for my upcoming fundraiser; 4 YESes--hooray
100 times asking my one-year-old to get off the counter--she dances and giggles, especially when close to the edge
5 times asking Miss D to get her shoes on to go to school. Her reply is, "I am still running away to California." My response, "See ya."
4 times picking up the same two bills to pay and file and 0 times actually doing it
1 forgotten math assignment
5 bargainings with the devil, 1 win
1 victory with insurance company over crazy bill

Do you ever feel just blah? That is my week. I need to feel inspired. All I feel is dread at the next task on my list. I did make it to book club and met a couple of new girls who added intellect and insight to our club. We had a great conversation that removed me from my current state, even though I am old enough to be their much older sister. It restored my faith in the next generation.

This year is filled with a great amount of uncertainty, and I guess that's why I feel so distraught. We are looking at many possible changes including work and school opportunities and trying to better ourselves and our position in life. It's not to say we don't have anything. We certainly do. Waiting on others to make decisions that will ultimately lead to our decisions is frustrating because of the lack of control for us. If you've read this blog regularly, you know I am not patient. I wanted what I wanted, and I wanted it yesterday. Maybe this is the year to learn the virtue of patience.

Getting this all out of my brain helps. What do you do to not roll your eyes and just move forward?

No comments:

Post a Comment