Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

History Made

After my Ponzi scheme discussion with the twins a few weeks ago, I was not looking forward to discussing the history made yesterday. Osama Bin Laden is gone! And just shy under a decade.

Great job military and leaders around the world who've supported this endeavor. What I didn't expect  without warning was to see were bloody pictures of the rooms he was shot in, with the blood all over. Hi Diane Sawyer how about "the pictures you are about to see may be disturbing to some viewers. Parents are cautioned." No, just here's some pictures of what went down when our military went in and did their job.

Enter two curious ten year-olds. "Mom, what's that?" Me, "That's what our guys did to level the playing field after 9-11." Them, "That was 10 years ago. They got the guy?" Me, "Yes. The world is a little safer place today because of the men who caught him." Them, "I thought you didn't like the idea of the war in Iraq." Me, "Ok, time for school."

No time for political commentary here. Regardless of my distaste for past decisions of our leaders, Bin Laden was a terrorist and deserved what he got. There will be others to take his place, but at least we can all feel a bit more secure knowing patience and perseverance pays off. And no matter what your political views are we should give thanks and pray for the men and women who serve and have served our country every day all over the world. They are the reason I can say what I want, where I want, and how I want without fear of censorship or exile. THANK YOU BRAVE AMERICANS.

Take a minute today to share a memory or thought with your family and friends about the amazing opportunity it is to be an AMERICAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment