Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October Meals

This is such a busy time at our house --harvesting, preserving and taking out the garden takes all the energy I have. I love Autumn because the weather is beautiful, college football is in full swing and I can use my crockpot to try new things.

My husband used to really turn his nose up at the meals I cooked in the crockpot. Granted, the crockpot I was using was older and from our wedding many moons ago, but he swore nothing tasted good coming out of it. So in order to maintain sanity (mostly mine) I bought a new crockpot, and now he (and everyone else) happily eats the meals that come from it.

With the holiday and busy times fast approaching, the October Meal List is a little different. Following is a list of blogs I have found helpful in my monthly meal planning. We have a whole bunch (50) of recipes we all like, but I hate status-quo mentality, so I like to try new things. Hopefully you'll find some ideas here that revive your family's meal times!

You can always search this blog for "Meal Time" or "Meal Ideas" in the search bar on the home page.

BHG Best Slow Cooker Recipes
Cooking Light
Our Best Bites
Kohl's Healthy Kids
Easy Recipes for Kids

Some of our 50 favorite meals include
Spaghetti & Meat Balls
Taco bowls (make with chili for easy meal)
Shredded Pork tacos or sandwiches
Chicken Enchilada Soup
Lasagna
Spaghetti Pie
Kung Pao Chicken (or sweet & sour for those who don't like HOT)
Potato Cheese Soup and Grilled Cheese
Beef Stew over Mashed Potatoes
Chicken and Waffles
Sloppy Joe's & Oven Fries
Roast Beef Sandwiches


No comments:

Post a Comment