Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2014

Great Gift Ideas

Yes, I am aware that it's October...and this post about gifts...possibly Christmas gifts....I may be OCD and a bit obsessed.

I'm a planner. If you've been following this blog, or know me at all you know this. I love details, perfect details, and being organized no matter what I am doing. Does it stress me out? Honestly, not very often because I am hard wired this way. My high octane, over the top organization comes as naturally to me, as eye rolling may come to a teenage girl.

So, no, being ahead of the game (whatever that game may be) is just how I am. I embrace it, and in doing so, hope to pass a few good ideas your way to help make your life easier. Thanks for reading.

I have lots of amazing people in my life that I like to find the perfect gift for--whether that occasion is Christmas, birthday, or whatever. However, since I really do love the idea of not collecting materialism and being weighted down by over consumption of stuff, I like giving and making memories with my friends and family. Here are a few good gift ideas for those in our lives that really mean the most to us.

1. Treat of the Month Club. This is such a great idea and I love it. You can order from companies like Harry & David, flower shops, fruit basket companies, or other high end companies that will send your special someone a gift basket or box each month. These are great because it's a gift that keeps on giving the whole year, and those special people are reminded of how much you think of them on a regular basis. My money tree died a long time ago, but this idea is still awesome as it can easily become a DIY gift. You can make or buy a treat (cake, cookie, cupcake, etc.) each month and hand deliver or send someone a treat each month. This is supposed to be fun and easy, so don't think the treats always have to be homemade, they can easily be things you pick up from the bakery or cookie aisle and put in a cute bag/basket/container and deliver. It's the thought that counts.

2. Edible Gift Baskets are especially great for those people who have everything. One big basket loaded with delicious breads, jams, cookies, muffins, etc. is a great gift. This idea is again easy to pick up at bakeries and cafes already done, or you can DIY if that's your thing.

3. How about a Magazine Subscription? Great for kids and adults, comes regularly throughout the year so your special someone is remembered how much someone cares, and there's often discounts on them so you can give a great gift without breaking the bank. www.thrifymags.com or www.discountmags.com have great deals.

4. Personalized photo gifts are sometimes the perfect gift. A canvas or collage of favorite moments you've shared together is a great way to share some love. Calendars are a great gift for grandparents, or family/friends who live far away. Sharing old photos is a wonderful way to start remembering stories and important moments.

5. Monogrammed gifts are simple, sometimes inexpensive and easy DIY. It's easy to glass etch plates or cups with Amour Etch (or another brand) of etching product. It's also easy to personalize items with vinyl, paint or other craft products. Of course, there are also many companies that can engrave, etch, or embroider the perfect gift too.

6. A bag/basket full of Your Favorite Things. Whenever I find a new product that I love, I want to share it with EVERYONE! So what a great way to show someone you care, by sharing a little bit of yourself with them.

7. On that same note, a gift bag full of Their Favorite Things is a great idea too. For those who love travel how about a treat from their favorite place, a book about travel, and some travel necessities like antibacterial wipes, hand sanitizer, snacks and a crossword puzzle book. For the cook in your life how about a good bottle of Olive Oil, a bottle of infused vinegar, a potted herb, and a fun kitchen gadget. For the Sports Nut a book about sports stats, some flavored almonds or peanuts, a baseball cap with a favorite team, or a magazine subscription will make a great gift.

It's about the thought, not the price tag. Enjoy making memories with and for those who make your life bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment