Chicken & Dumplings
- 1 1/2 c. milk or evaporated milk
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. frozen green peas
- 1 c. diced carrots (fresh or frozen)
- 1 c. diced celery
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed mushroom soup
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried Rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 package (8 oz.) of wide egg noodles
- 1 can of pre-made biscuits
- Heat all ingredients together in a 3-quart saucepan, or Dutch Oven, stirring frequently.
- Cook uncovered over low heat 20 minutes until chicken is done (no longer pink inside).
- Add 1 additional cup of water and Egg Noodles, cook 5 minutes.
- Open biscuit can and place biscuits on top of stew. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer, until the biscuits are done (you can check this by poking the middle of the biscuit with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, they are done.)
- * Helpful Hint: If the liquid in the stew is not thick enough for your liking, thicken it with a few tablespoons of Poultry Gravy by whisking the gravy powder into the stew.