Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

St. Patty's Day Fun


 
I love St. Patrick's Day, and I'm not Irish. I love it because I can start thinking about Spring, and warm weather, and gardening, and fresh flowers....

And it's a great excuse to combine chocolate and mint, mint and lemonade, lemons and chocolate--whatever!

Here are a few fun ideas (an no, I am not being compensated) that I wanted to pass along to make your St. Patrick's day and Springtime more memorable.

Yummy treats anyone? Betty's brought forth a wonderful collection of delicious desserts-Lucky You! Click HERE for some delicious fun.

The ladies at Our Best Bites have some great meal ideas you'll want to try. Click HERE for the recipes.

Why not have a little craft making Candy Rainbow? Use colored Skittles, Trix or licorice ropes to create an edible masterpiece!
 

We used to make up stories about "Shawn O'Casey," a magical Leprechaun who would hide gold coins and candy around our house. He was very sneaky and avoided detection easily. This idea started from a very creative sixth grade teacher of mine. As sixth graders, we'd "adopt" a first grader and secretly deliver them notes and treats during the week of St. Patrick's. I was LUCKY enough to be my sister's "Shawn O'Casey." Eventually my secret was exposed, but it was fun while it lasted. This idea could easily be adapted into a fun Hide-and-Seek game to create a fun family memory. The trick is to be stealth and sneaky, and leave the treats in unexpected places (bathroom drawers, dishwasher, pantry shelves, etc.),

It's fun at any age to get a surprise treat. And I am pretty sure we could all use some excitement, surprises and fun after our long, cold, gray winter. Bring on the colors of Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment