Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Growing Inside and Out

Isn't change fun? I mean really, who doesn't like the surprises that life throws our way? Sometimes it's fun, when we have a hand in the change. And so I have managed to create a new life chapter, and close an old one. I am moving on from my job at the House of Hope, and taking on a new chapter in my ever-changing, never boring life. I am choosing to create a new path, or destiny, or lifestyle, or possibly even a new mess.

I won't bore you with the details of why I left my job. I will say, it has a wonderful mission which serves a women who have a great need, and it was a pleasure to witness many of them grow and become the women and mothers they were intended to be. And to pass on my sincere thanks to my many friends and family who helped with Christmas, Welcome Bags, and other much needed donations every time I asked. You all ROCK!

So what's next? Well if I only had a crystal ball.....more change I suppose. In the meantime, I am sure my time will be consumed with many new opportunities, possibly local politics, for sure more family fun, and maybe in the future a job that makes me happy and complete, maybe.

Over the past six months I have learned I can do hard things. It's all about perspective. If you want a different life, you have to make different choices. Sometimes those choices means giving up something good, for what is best.

If I can do hard things, so can you. We are here to have experiences, whatever they may be, so whatever "it" is that you want to do, and are maybe feeling nervous or unsure about, just go do it! You won't know what you're missing out until you try!

Write your new chapter! I am writing mine (and thank goodness for white-out).

No comments:

Post a Comment