Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

Green Thumb

I did it! Check this out!


I started these babies from seed, and they grew. Yellow Squash for everyone! If you look in the far right corner of the picture, you'll see my Zucchini plant starting. I am so excited to put them in the ground, as soon as it stops freezing here, and see what happens.

Life is an experiment.
I love experiments that you can eat!

The seeds were .59 cents (IFA-all seeds on sale this week, no I'm not being compensated)
Each seed packet can start 4 "hills" of plants--so that's a lot of squash. In each "hill" are two of these pods, each containing one plant. 

Other stuff I bought: zucchini (obviously), lettuce, spinach, blue lake bush green beans, carrots, colored peppers, onions, peas, and radishes. All of this I am starting from seed (some like lettuce you just sow directly in the ground once the freezing weather is no longer a threat). I am pretty sure the garden will be spectacular in no time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment